Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feed a mouthful


I am skeptical about writing product or service reviews even if I find it particularly interesting. Simply because reviews are viewed as paid-for promotions. I have been accused in the past for doing so (If only people knew how difficult it is to make money out of personal blogs). There is this one service that caught my attention www.freerice.com a program launched by www.poverty.com to battle hunger and starvation.

The rules look pretty simple, it’s a multiple choice of synonyms and the idea is to choose the closest fit. For every word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated to the United Nations World Food Program.

The points are indicated by a bowl that collects rice. The words are challenging and it gets tougher as you advance. This is perfect for GRE and CAT aspirants and the best part is you don’t need to register.

You can also extend your support for the cause by plugging in one of their assortment of banners into your blogs and websites. I am hoping one of my more technically adept friends will help me do so.

2 comments:

thoughter said...

that seems like a fantastic idea..! but do they really donate food grains! wow man.. I never thought my GRE prep could actually be of any use :) btw, I figured out how to link to freerice.com through the banners.. another great post dhivs! am I glad ur back!

Dhivya said...

Hey Srips.. Thanks

Teach me how to put the banner...
And i am glad to be back..good things about quitting your job.. :)